Saturday, December 31, 2005

On the edge of tomorrow

I'm going away from your life. I won't come into your life anymore.
Yes, I'm going to die tonight.

I don't know whether you are happy or sad.

Yours lovingly...

Well no, to your dismay, I'm not going to kill myself. Not yet.
Anyway, what you read was just part of an SMS I received, and boy, was I shaken. It wasn't until I managed to reach the end of the message that I decided to calm my veins, and have a hearty laugh. You have only read the beginning of the message, and so, here's the end:

Yours lovingly,
2005

Yeah, just a way of saying 'happy new year!'

The year has swished by, and we've reached its end. So much stuff happend, angry politicians to angry civilians, flop songs and flop movies, and so many blog postings, that I've decided to point out the best and the worst...

With the year at its last day, here's some stuff I'd like to see next year, too!

A toast to:


Sania’s Advance

And this needs no introduction. She's managed to move up the line in rankings from a hundred-something to a whopping 31, and she's reached the cover of 'Time' magazine! And I'm hoping to see her in the top 10 next year, so all the very best to her, and two thumbs way, way up for our leading lady!


Me!

After a month of browsing around, and moving here to there, I finally managed to put up my own blog. So let me hear that applause...
Other than that (and I don't mean to brag), I won first place in three inter-school computer based competitions. Let me list them out later. And on top of that, my greatest achievement this year is a t-shirt signed by Sania Mirza (surprize!). It's not meant to be worn, so I got it framed.


The Illegal Construction Shakedown

Heck yeah to that! The government is finally clearing those clustered streets, to open up the vision of a blue sky. Thumbs up to them, for they have taken down those illegal buildings.

And a big no-no to this stuff. That’s right,
Rotten tomatoes to:


The Indian Film Industry

I don’t think I’ve seen any good Hindi movies apart from ‘Black’this year. “What’s wrong with you guys? Haven’t found a good movie to copy off?”

And please, I’d like to hear some good soudtracks, too.


The Creators of ‘Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi’

That’s for killing Rakshanda’s role! I really don’t believe this soap. It has been awkwardly streched out, and now it has no story, no plot, and no Rakshanda. Who’s going to watch it now?
The same goes for all those other sinister soaps.


Those hoaxy ‘sex-scandal’ sting operations

From Shakti Kapoor to Aman Verma, I am against IndiaTV’s failed attempts to gain TRPs.


And that’s not all folks, there’s a long list to be emptied, ranging from the new style of pizzas to the growing number of criminal cops, from the re-runs at the end of the year to those weird MMS things, from I don’t know what to the who, what and where…But I just can’t seem to find the time to write about all that …

And before I forget, Happy New Year to all those who are reading this, and all those who aren’t! And don’t forget to keep your resolutions ready!

5 comments:

  1. happy new year to me!

    gee thanks abhas1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude...if ur seriously 14 like ur profile says..........ur bloody brilliant!!!!
    and even if ur not............ur still bloody brilliant!!!!
    truthfully man......u have a great style of writing and i think u shud keep it up.......and ur poetry is purty good too!!!
    but dude.u have an added advantage......u can write both essays and poems well......so instead of improving any one part if ur planning to, i'd suggest u stick to the present style and develop both simultaneously(even if tht word is also aka slowly!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! thanks a lot sat!
    and a hapy new year to you too!

    PS: I am 14. I'm in tenth grade!

    ReplyDelete