Wednesday, September 21, 2005

CBSE still planning?

I remember, back when I was in eighth grade, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) started talks on going for grades (for academic performance...) rather than the traditional marking system.
Well, now 3 years later, I'm in tenth, and I'm still being marked by numbers.
The CBSE seems to have forgotten its statement, because now the grading system seems to be nowhere in sight. And on the other hand, CBSE has started some more thinking.
A few months ago, CBSE decided to 'lessen' our burdens by cutting down on the school syllabus.
And now it seems to be talking about terminating the feared "Board Examination".

Well, the school syllabus hasn't changed for half a century now, and the way it's going, I doubt anything is going to happen, let alone ending the "Board" exams.

The CBSE may still be "planning", and we are still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment